Having started her legal career at a large, full-service law firm in Dallas, Texas, Dixie co-founded Newnam Land in 2007, bringing big-firm experience to a small town. Her strong legal analysis and ability to strategically develop cases assists her clients in resolving their issues and preparing for the future. Her clients include numerous businesses, real estate holders, restaurant/franchise owners, nonprofits, local governments, and individuals.
- Business and Real Estate Clients. Dixie provides transactional and litigation representation to closely held businesses and real estate owners. She reviews and prepares contracts and real estate documents, drafts documents associated with the formation of business entities, and advises on real estate and business related issues. She litigates quiet title actions, mechanic’s liens, foreclosures, contractual disputes, temporary and permanent injunctions, and construction defects, among other matters.
- Individual Clients. She provides advice and assistance to individuals regarding real estate and business ventures. She also provides estate advice, including the drafting and execution of estate documents.
- Local Government/Non Profit Clients. She provides representation on a broad range of local government issues, including land use, open meetings and records, contracts, elections, property tax, and budgets. She also handles various litigation matters, including mediations, lawsuits, and administrative proceedings. She has participated in rule-making hearings held by the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission and argued in front of the Colorado Supreme Court regarding redistricting.
Dixie grew up in a rural area and likes the life-style that small towns provide. She enjoys being active in the community and believes that this helps her better understand her clients and their matters.
U.S. District Court-Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court-District of Colorado
University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- J.D. 2002, with Honors
- Hutcheson Moot Court Champion
Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- Bachelor of Arts 1997, Cum Laude
Minor: Business Administration, Emphasis in Accounting
Texas Bar Association
Colorado Bar Association
- Executive Director Search Committee (2014)
- Joint Management Committee (2010—2014)
- Joint Budget Committee (2008—2010)
- Board of Governors (2007—2009)
Colorado Bar Foundation – Fellow
Southern Colorado Bar Association
Colorado County Attorneys’ Association
Judicial Performance Committee – 3rd Judicial District (2011-2015)